As a resident of Sweden, you need a Swedish ID-card. ID cards are issued by the Swedish Tax Agency (Skatteverket). You can use the ID card as proof of identity and proof of age, for example when you collect prescription medication from the pharmacy, pay by credit card in stores, and conduct bank transactions. Since May 5, 2015, many Swedish banks including Nordea Bank require a Swedish ID Card to open a bank account. You may open an account in any bank you wish. Lund University pays salaries through Nordea Bank. Please note that if you have a child, the child needs to be at least 13 years of age to receive an ID card. Furthermore parent/guardian approval is necessary if you are less than 18 years of age.

Translate »